Crossing a dairy farmer’s field in Dartmoor iPhone Snapseed
Had the opportunity to work in Rotterdam for day. Beautiful view. iPhone Snapseed
I recently (we can debate my loose utilization of recently in this context) wrote about film photography and a burgeoning interest in it in this post.
Here are a few of my field notes to date:
- Amazon is an incredible resource for tracking down film. My daily schedule precludes me from frequently spending time at my local photography stores attempting to track down film. With Amazon, I can quickly order film and it shows up on my doorstep.
- There are a number of excellent film photographers that post regularly on Instagram that serve as inspiration. These photographers frequently tag the film they use (see note above re: utilizing Amazon to find film).
- Order more film than you think you will need. As a photographer that got my start in the digital age, I find that I have a propensity for volume. The cost of film is assisting to counterbalance that unhealthy propensity.
I will be taking my first few rolls of film to be developed shortly. Looking forward to seeing the outcome.
My father was an avid photographer. Some of my earliest memories with my father were watching him build a dark room in our house, camping trips experimenting with time lapse photography on mountain streams, and bags upon bags of film ready to be developed. While … Continue reading Film photography
1. Westminster Church in Atlanta 2. Hipstamatic
1. Another view of the Varsity 2. Nikon V1 3. Snapseed
1. Shadows on the wall in the Atlanta Airport 2. iPhone 3.Snapseed